|1st Generation||2nd Generation||3rd Generation||4th Generation|
|SOLID & Coated||HOLLOW||DISSOLVING||SWELLABLE / EMBEDDABLE|
- SNVIA’s platform technology (Air-Pocket type Embeddable Microneedle)
- Accurate doze control
- Sustained drug release
- Lower the risk of infection & bleeding
microneedle application an cause puncture marks, increasing the risk of infection and bleeding (staining data).
SNVIA’s Swellable Microneedles
After patch attachment, a needle tip is safely embedded into the skin by the skin's shear force.
- Biodegradable microneedle tips loaded with drug are embedded in the skin.
- An appropriate concentration of drug is released slowly over a certain time (for hours ~ days).
- The formulation technology allows quick and various applications of new modified drugs.
- Unlike existing microneedles, they minimize skin troubles caused by attachment for long hours.
- A Korean patent is registered.
Result of Sustained drug release from MN Tips
- The microneedle loading drug, after inserted into the skin, swells by absorbing body fluid.
- From the inserted needle, drug is released slowly through diffusion by concentration difference.
- It is possible to precisely control quantitatively the drug release rate and amount (hours to days).
Strong Adhesion Regardless of Tissue Types
- Swellable microneedles can be used as a tissue adhesive for their mechanical interlocking with tissue.
- Swellable microneedles, once inserted, become expanded, enabling mechanical interlocking with tissue.
- High adhesive strength to the skin and soft tissues (mucous membranes of the intestine, eye ball, and muscle)
Achieving more than 3.5 times higher tissue adhesion, compared with staples in skin graft fixation